Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
There are two ways to contribute to this Wiki:
- 1. You can create a log in and update the information yourself.
- 2. Or you can send your update or entry to the Quilt Index staff via email and we will update the Wiki for you.
Some simple pointers to remember as you enter text and edit the wiki are:
- 1. For the most part, you enter text normally--updating the Wiki is actually pretty easy!
- If you are unfamiliar with wikis, you may want to watch the video [| Wikis in Plain English] before you begin--it provides a good background about what wikis are and how they work.
- 2. Using the equals sign at the beginning and end of a word or phrase will make the word or phrase a large font heading.
- 3. Links to other web pages are automatically created when you type a full url.
- 4. To create a bulleted list, simply type an asterisk in front of each list item. To make sublists (lists within lists), simply type two asterisks at the beginning of each list item.
- 5. PLEASE do not alter the names of any titles appearing in blue without consulting the Quilt Index staff--doing this breaks links and makes it impossible to navigate to the page!!!
- 6. To sign a post (optional), type four tildes and then your user name (with no space between the two).
New: Directions for adding images to Quilt Index wiki entries
- See also: QuiltIndex:Copyrights