Utah Quilt Heritage Corporation
Contact: Utah Quilt Heritage Corporation
Records housed: J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah
Documentation Dates: 10 years
Parameters: Documented old quilts, dating from settlement to 1950
Total Quilts: 2200 (est.)
Total Documentation Days (Number of documentation days held):
Publication information (if any):
- Covington, Kae. Gathered in Time: Utah Quilts and Their Makers, Settlement to 1950. University of Utah Press, Salt Lake City: Utah, 1997.
- Cross, Mary Bywater. Quilts and Women of the Mormon Migrations. Rutledge Hill Press, Nashville: Tennessee, 1996.
- Davis, Carolyn O'Bagy. A Quilt for the Promised Valley. Sanpete Publications, Tucson: Arizona, 1996.
- Davis, Carolyn O'Bagy. Pioneer Quiltmaker: The Story of Dorinda Moody Slade. Sanpete Publication, Tucson: Arizona, 1990.
- Davis, Carolyn O'Bagy. Quilted all Day: The Prairie Journals of Ida Chambers Melugin. Sanpete Publications, Tucson: Arizona, 1993.
- Fox, Sandi. Quilts in Utah: A Reflection of the Western Experience. Salt Lake Art Center, Salt Lake City: Utah, 1981.
- Nielson, Carol Holindrake. The Salt Lake City 14th Ward Album Quilt, 1857: Stories of the Relief Society Women and their Quilt. University of Utah Press, Salt Lake City: Utah, 2004.
Database: Is the documentation project a part of the Quilt Index or are records digitized in some database? Please describe.